Gods Living Word

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Sermons > Authority given by Jesus

Reverend Dr. Shawn M. Malloy
Site Owner

Authority given by Jesus

1. Mt 28:18-20 – And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age”

2. Mk 16:15-18 – And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And the signs will follow those who believe in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.

3. 1 Pt 5:8,9 – Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

4. Eph 4:27 – Nor give place to the devil.

The verses listed above are important verses in the bible that describes some of our authority that Jesus has given to use over the devil. We must be vigilant in keeping to these words for the devil is very tricky as described in 1 peter 5:8. The devil is not just a lion he is a monster. He will devoir us any way he can. We have the power over him, but this can only be done with the power of Christ. Only in Jesus name can things get done. Now keep in mind this power is not only for Preachers and Ministers of your church (Church Leaders). This is for everyone. We are all Ministers of Christ. It is our job to pass on the gospel of peace and love to the world. Allowing the devil to continue his wrath is bad. It is worse if we sit back and watch. Especially when we have both the knowledge and tools to handle the devil and cast him away, that Christ has given us.

This is not an easy job that we are given. We must be prepared of anything and everything that the devil may throw at us. How do we do this? We do this by keeping our mind wrapped around the Word and in Christ, constant bible study, reading, praying, and praising both the Father and the Son. We keep our mind on Jesus, and the word and that will leave no room for the devil’s trickery. The devil knows the word of God, so we need to keep that in mind when we study. We need to keep things right and in context because the devil is known to twist things around and use it against us. He did it with Adam; which got us into trouble in the first place. He tried it with Jesus when he was tempting Him. During that episode the devil failed. We cannot run from the devil or I should say we should not run from him. We have the power and authority to have him run from us in Jesus’ name.

--

Reverend Dr. Shawn M. Malloy D.D.

Senior Pastor

God's Living Word Ministries

January 28, 2013 at 3:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.